Yieldbot has created revolutionary technologies to extract the real-time “intent” of website visitors, serving as the foundation of our unique digital marketing platform – the first and only such platform to rival the performance of search, without the need for third-party cookies. We make use of bleeding edge big data, real-time streaming and analytics technologies to process billions of page view, impression and click events, feeding into our advanced analytics and real-time machine learning components to drive our unrivaled performance.
Yieldbot is based in Flatiron NYC with offices in Boston, Chicago, Portland and Bentonville and is backed by SJF Ventures, RRE Ventures, New Atlantic Ventures, KBS+P Ventures, Betaworks, Common Angels and Neu Venture Capital.
What You’ll Do
- Nourish the DevOps culture at Yieldbot and facilitate cross team collaboration by designing and implementing tools and processes supporting systems handling over 2 billion requests per month
- Design and implement automation processes using Ruby and Chef
- Work proactively to identify trends in performance and address issues of scale quickly
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation with various teams
What You Bring
- Strong background in automation and configuration management (Ruby, Capistrano, and/or Chef a plus)
- Strong background in Linux system administration (CentOS a plus)
- Strong background in networking and network security (DNS / DHCP)
- Strong background with systems virtualization (Docker a plus)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment systems
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience working with VMware ESXI/vCenter
- Experience working with system monitoring and log tools
- Proficiency in shell and scripting languages (Ruby and/or Python a plus)
- General understanding of the following: Azkaban, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Mesos, Marathon, Redis, Spark
What Else We’d be Psyched About
- You always ask “What happens if this fails?”
- You understand the importance of postmortems and why they should be blameless.
- You are self motivated and work well in small teams.
- You are always looking for ways to improve systems and processes.
- You have an unhealthy knowledge of Futurama.
What We Bring
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (unlimited vacation!), and love to listen to good music. We work as a close-knit team in a high-energy, fast-paced environment to achieve our goals.