Software Test Engineer – Ad Serving Platform
Yieldbot has created revolutionary technologies to extract the real-time “intent” of website visitors, serving as the foundation of our unique digital marketing platform – the first and only such platform to rival the performance of search, without the need for third-party cookies. We make use of bleeding edge big data, real-time streaming and analytics technologies to process billions of page view, impression and click events, feeding into our advanced analytics and real-time machine learning components to drive our unrivaled performance.
Yieldbot is based in Flatiron NYC with offices in Boston, Chicago, Portland and Bentonville and is backed by SJF Ventures, RRE Ventures, New Atlantic Ventures, KBS+P Ventures, Betaworks, Common Angels and Neu Venture Capital.
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement test infrastructure and custom tools custom tools, and/or select and deploy third-party tools, to automate integration testing of Yieldbot ad serving platform, including
- Python-based matching, ad server and real-time decisioning components;
- Redis / CouchBase in a highly distributed, low-latency environment;
- Storm-based real-time data and configuration feeds;
- and a variety of Node.js applications and services, such as our ad creative rendering service.
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to facilitate design and implementation for testability, including necessary instrumentation within the code to integrate with test infrastructure or tools, and evangelize testability throughout the organization.
- Document testing infrastructure, tools and processes in such a way that they can be easily consumed by other software engineers.
- Design flexible solutions that can be iterated on rapidly.
What You Bring
- Experience designing and building test infrastructure and tools in a variety of tech stacks and languages
- Experience designing and building test infrastructure and tools for a cloud-based operational environment, especially Amazon EC2 / S3
- Ability to write maintainable code in an environment that is constantly evolving
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Ability to balance an obsessive desire to solve problems elegantly with the need to deliver results and iterate later
- Comfortable working in a distributed team
What Else We’d be Psyched About
- Experience in Python, especially in developing test infrastructure and/or tools for Python-based applications
- Experience in the ad serving domain
- Experience working with a heterogeneous database environment, including databases such as CouchBase and Redis, as well as NoSQL databases, particularly ElasticSearch