Yieldbot for Publishers is built on the collection and analytics of massively parallel referrer data and massively serialized session clickstream data. Our patent-pending technology uniquely determines and analyzes intent by crunching the data around what page a visitor came from, what page they are about to view and what is likely to happen when they get there.
Yieldbot for Publishers uses the word “intent” quite a bit. Webster’s dictionary describes intent as a “purpose” and a “state of mind with which an act is done.” It is also the answer to “why” someone is on your site and more specifically to Yieldbot why they are visiting that page on your site. Like Search queries, Yieldbot uses words and phrases to represent intent.
Yieldbot for Publishers Definitions
Intent: A category of data related to keyword and word phrases.
Intent: Predictive analytics for a time period (1 day, 7 day or 30 day)
- A metric for the number of times a web page (URL) will be viewed where Yieldbot has quantified one or more intent (keyword) values.
- The predicted percentage of visits within 30 days of a prior visit by the same user.
- The predicted pageviews in a time period divided by number of predicted visits in the same reporting period.
- Predicted number of first pages (aka “landings”) for the visits.
- The predicted percentage of total visits that will be single or first page only visits.
Groups of pageviews (inventory) with a common organizing principle.
Yieldbot organizes segments in two ways:
- The intent (keyword) with (or without) dimensions (e.g. Source) & attributes (e.g. High Bounce)
- The dimension (e.g. Source) with its intent
A category of data related to keyword and word phrases.
A time related attribute to further classify site visitor recency and frequency.
- New Visit
- A visit for which the user has not had a prior visit within the previous 30 days.
- Return Visit
- A visit for which the user has had a prior visit within the previous 30 days.
A measured dimension relating to a visitor session event occurring on the web site.
- High Engagement
- A threshold of pageviews to vists that is over 2.5 Pages/Visit.
- High Bounce
- A percentage threshold of single page visits that is over 80%.
An attribute to quantify what site the vist to this site has been referred from.
- Search source is an visit entrance for which the referring URL has been generated by a search engine function.
- Social source is an visit entrance for which the referring URL has been generated by a Social URL sharing function.
An attribute related to the location where the visit originated.
This visualization shows the predicted clustering of visit intent using purple center nodes to show the largest amount of intent and the green nodes to display other words or phrases that co-occur with to the root intent. Connections between nodes are shown with lines. The size of the node is related to the amount of pageviews.
Yieldbot allows for the manual creation of segments. This is done by clicking (and double clicking) on nodes to build a word profile for the segment. Negative keywords can be added to help filter the segment and Source can be added as a further filtering dimension.
Yieldbot constantly analyzes site referral and session click-stream data for patterns automatically classifying and organizing it into intent segments. As new segments are generated they are placed in this list until they are accepted or rejected. Segment suggestion is paused if there are 20 or more segments in the generator at any one time.
Intent Segment details have three data visualizations and three data folders
The metrics and analytics of each segment’s associated pages, keyword/phrase intent and geo data are contained in the segment details.
- Shows the words organized by size of pageviews and relationship to each other
- Shows the words plotted based on an ‘x’ and ‘y’ axis metrics.
- Shows the words across a previous time period based on presence (start and end of stream) and volume (width of the stream)
Segment Data Folders
- The URLs and their associated metrics with the segment or keywords.
- The words/other words and their metrics associated with the segment, page or keyword.
- The country, state or DMA and their associated metrics for the segment, page or intent.
Metrics and analytics at the URL level showing associated keywords and geo data
Metrics and analytics at the Keyword level showing associated keywords and data