Yieldbot has created revolutionary technologies to extract the real-time “intent” of website visitors, serving as the foundation of our unique digital marketing platform – the first and only such platform to rival the performance of search, without the need for third-party cookies. We make use of bleeding edge big data, real-time streaming and analytics technologies to process billions of page view, impression and click events, feeding into our advanced analytics and real-time machine learning components to drive our unrivaled performance.
Yieldbot is based in Flatiron NYC with offices in Boston, Chicago, Portland and Bentonville and is backed by SJF Ventures, RRE Ventures, New Atlantic Ventures, KBS+P Ventures, Betaworks, Common Angels and Neu Venture Capital.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement and test leading edge machine learning techniques on the dirty data of the real world
- Work with massive amounts of data on both batch and streaming systems
- Clearly communicate findings by building appropriate data visualization and dashboards
What You Bring
- Background in math or physics, with a solid grounding in stats
- Experience working with large, sparse data sets
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Ability to balance an obsessive desire to solve problems elegantly with the need to deliver results quickly and iterate later
- Extensive experience using battle tested, production ready programming languages such as Java or Python
- Demonstrably comfortable working in a distributed team
What Else We’d be Psyched About
- Functional programming experience, especially using a Lisp dialect, and most especially using Clojure
- Experience with Storm or similar real-time analytics systems
- Experience developing large-scale data processing systems with MapReduce, and with Hadoop in particular
What We Bring
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits (unlimited vacation!), and love to listen to good music. We work as a close-knit team in a high-energy, fast-paced environment to achieve our goals.